Choose between Static and Dynamic Part offers
Let's look at the types of offers on OTC Marsbase.
Consider the situation: you want to buy an asset that no one is selling on Marsbase right now, and there are currently two methods for creating deals: Part Dynamic or Part Static. Which to choose?
Now let's look at the differences between Static and Dynamic methods. Both methods apply to Part offers, but the differences appear at the execution time of a trade.
Participants of the Dynamic offer (both the offermaker and the bidders) receive their assets immediately, i.e. at the time of making the transaction when you click on the button to place a bid. Such offers will be convenient for those who trade high and medium liquid assets without unnecessary risks. These offers are executed quickly, so that the price on the DEX or CEX exchanges does not have time to change much.
- Create deals with smaller slippage (less than 10%)
- Trade smaller volumes fast (less than 1% of the total turnover of this asset on the market)
- Exchange coins with medium liquidity and capitalisation
- Sell fast without unnecessary risks
- Let's say you want to sell 1,100,000 CEL and use the income to invest in another project.
- On 1inch it can be seen that a given volume of 1,100,000 CEL has a small Price Impact ~ 6.31%, but a very significant slippage effect.
- In order to create the fastest CEL offer, you can divide this volume into, for example, 10 parts. The same aggregator shows that there is no Price Impact on 100,000 CEL.
- This means that when creating a Part Dynamic trade, you can set a minimum bid of 10% and even give bidders a 3.5% discount. Thus, arbitrageurs can earn money on this, while you will get rid of a large volume more profitably and faster than through DEX.
The conditions of a dynamic deal are less profitable for bidders, since the discount on assets will be less, but the risks are also relatively low. Suitable for quick exchange of funds.
Let's say you are a bidder who monitors the OTC desk like an arbitrage specialist, hoping to find fast dynamics offers with the opportunity to earn 3-6% per deal on arbitrage.
That is, your goal is to participate in fast dynamic trades, take the minimum bids and trade them on the DEX or CEX in 5-10 minutes.
Before creating this offer, it is better to first check if there is a similar offer on the OTC desk with the parameters you need. How to do this, we told in this guide.
If you are still interested in selling a specific asset, we advise you first:
- Assess the market situation;
- How volatile is the price of the token;
- Use the calculator to estimate the loss on slippage when buying on CEX or DEX;
- What discount would be acceptable in this case;
- What is the minimum bid you are willing to accept from potential buyers;
- Check if you have the required volume when selling;
- Create an offer paired with a stable coin.
How to create dynamic Part deals is described in detail in this guide.
When participating in a Static offer, both the bidder and the offermaker receive their parts only after the transaction is completed in one of the following cases:
- after the expiration of the transaction;
- when closing a transaction by its creator manually;
- upon reaching 100% of the volume of the transaction before the expiration of the transaction.
- Creation of offers with strong slippage (more than 10%)
- Medium or large trading volume
- Trading coins at a fixed price
- Slower exchange, for example, if you sell only part of your asset
You are a holder of a GMEE 3,000,000 token, want to sell your tokens for USDT and see a huge Price Impact on the entire volume. Go to 1inch and watch the slippage:
- At the same time, you know that this token is used on launchpad platforms. This means that you can sell all this volume at a discount to a project that wants to start on this launchpad.
- In this case, it is better to choose a static offer with a weekly expiration and a min bid of 50%. Thus, arbitrageurs will not enter this transaction and will not drop the price. Plus, you still have a fairly large volume of this token.
The conditions of a static deal are much more profitable for bidders, since the discount on assets will be greater, but the risks are also much higher due to the duration of the execution of transactions.
- I, as a game project, want to start my project on the GAMEE site, but I don’t want to pump the price and buy such a large piece of 3,000,000 GMEE from the market (this volume is basically not on the DEX market).
- I'm starting to look for information about the possibility of buying such a large amount of GMEE tokens off the market and I'm hiring an OTC manager.
- OTC manager finds this deal on Marsbase OTC Desk and redeems it or passes it to the project.
- The project itself decides to participate in the transaction and create a bid.
How to create static Part deals is described in detail in this guide.
How to create deals on Marsbase, in case you haven't found an interesting deal, we tell in the following guides: